Why Gough Group?
The Gough Group is a diverse set of businesses. We have career opportunities covering administration, service, parts, technical service delivery, finance, and management.
Gough Group Heavy Diesel Technicians
If you are Heavy Diesel qualified the Gough Group has opportunities for you to work at either a mine site, within a workshop at one of our many branch locations across New Zealand, or expand your career into other areas.
At Gough CAT our mechanics are referred to as Heavy Diesel Technicians. We believe this reflects the level of complexity and challenges that come with diagnosing, repairing and maintaining Caterpillar equipment.
We also employ highly skilled diesel technicians across our Materials Handling businesses. Our team services world leading Hyster forklifts and lifting systems through Gough Materials Handling and the most advanced mobile crane systems in the world through our Gough Palfinger business unit.
Mine Based Operations
The Gough Group works to support two major mines in New Zealand through our Gough Cat business unit.
- Macraes Mine at Macraes Flat in Otago is the largest opencast gold mine in New Zealand and is operated by Oceana Gold (NZ) Ltd. The Gough GROup Hold the contract for providing full maintenance and servicing of the mining equipment.
- Stockton Mine on the West Coast of the South Island is New Zealand's largest opencast coal mine and is operated in partnership between Solid Energy and Downer EDI Mining under a Stockton Alliance partnership. We provide maintenance and support of a large modern fleet of Caterpillar machines.
Branch based Operations
Gough Group Technicians can also choose to work at one of our nationwide branch locations. We have a wide range of customers and varying service and maintenance work required at each branch.
Our branch network covers the length and breadth of New Zealand so there will be a location to suit your lifestyle aspirations.
Expand your career
Gough Group also has a number of career opportunities outside of the workshop. To ensure our technicians have the most up to date information and support to succeed in their role we have a team of employees at local branches and at our Head Office that work in professional specialist roles and product and service support. These roles include;
- Service Co-ordination,
- Parts and Service Sales Reps,
- Parts Interpreters,
- Warehouse & Distribution team members,
- Lab specialists, and
- Warranty, Product and Contract roles.