Cat® C3.4B Diesel Engine
OverviewCat® C3.4B Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of durability, fuel efficiency and low emissions. The C3.4B Industrial Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 63-90 bkW (84.5-120.7 bhp) @ 2200-2500 rpm, which meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C3.4B engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Forestry, General Industrial, Irrigation Equipment, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Light Towers, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Specialty Ag Equipment, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping and Underground Mining Equipment.
Cat® C3.4B Diesel Engine - Specifications
2200 & 2500 rpm
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV Nonroad Emission Standards. U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim Equivalent and EU Stage IIIB Equivalent ratings available using EPA or EU Flex Provisions.
In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
99 mm (3.9 in)
110 mm (4.3 in)
3.4 L (207.5 in³)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
6 L (6.3 qt)
196 mm (7.7 in)
320 mm (12.6 in)
15 kg (33 lb)
251 mm (9.88 in)
520 mm (20.47 in)
20 kg (44 lb)
|Dry Weight - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
270 kg (595.2 lbs)
805.5 mm (31.7 in)
610 mm (24 in)
623 mm (24.5 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- High Performance - Leading-edge technology provides significant improvements in power, torque, fuel consumption and response. Technology includes single smart wastegated turbo systems, durable high pressure common rail technology, and closed circuit breathing system.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.