Cat® C3.6 Diesel Engine
OverviewThe Cat® C3.6 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 100 bkW (134 bhp) @ 2200 rpm. The C3.6 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Cat® C3.6 Diesel Engine - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final Nonroad Emission Standards, EU Stage V Nonroad Emission Standards.
In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
98 mm (3.9 in)
120 mm (4.7 in)
3.6 L (220 in³)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
4 L (1.06 qt)
564 mm (22.2 in)
|Dry Weight - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
373 kg (822 lbs)
787 mm (30.98 in)
667 mm (26.3 in)
- Emissions - Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final Nonroad emission standards and EU Stage V Nonroad emission standards.
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
- High Performance - Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of a wide range of equipment types.
- Fuel & Oil - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and EU Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 10 ppm sulfur (EU) and 15 ppm sulfur (U.S.), and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Low Cost Maintenance - Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Capable of optimal oil change intervals of 500 hours. The S•O•S℠ program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
- Quality - Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V Aftertreatment Features - Technology – The DOC, DPF and SCR technology provides customers with a solution which meets the emissions standards while providing optimal fuel consumption and transient response. For power ratings below 56 bkW (75 bhp), the SCR is not required. Mounting – On engine aftertreatment offered for best value and simplest OEM design and manufacturing processes. Remote mount alternatives are also available.