Cat® C2.8 Diesel Engine
OverviewThe Cat® C2.8 Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 55 bkW (74 bhp) @ 2500 rpm. The C2.8 is designed to meet the needs of many industries and applications, including agricultural tractors, aerial lifts, aircraft ground support, bore/drill rigs, chippers/grinders, compactors/rollers, compressors, forestry, irrigation equipment, material handling, mining, earthmoving equipment, paving equipment, pumps, fruit harvesters equipment, turf and underground mining equipment.
Cat® C2.8 Diesel Engine - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final Nonroad Emission Standards. Also designed to meet proposed EU Stage V Nonroad Emission Standards.
In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
90 mm (3.5 in)
110 mm (4.3 in)
2.8 L (171 in³)
Turbocharged (T) and Turbocharged-Aftercooled (TA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
4 L (1.06 qt)
|Dry Weight - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
245 kg (540 lb)
766 mm (30.2 in)
635 mm (25.0 in)
561 mm (22.1 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
- High Performance - Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of a wide range of equipment types.
- Fuel & Oil - U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB, Stage IV or proposed Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 10 ppm sulfur (EU) and 15 ppm sulfur (U.S.), and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.