Cat® C3.4B Diesel Engine
OverviewCat® C3.4B Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of durability, fuel efficiency and low emissions. The C3.4B Industrial Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 45-55.4 bkW (60-74.3 bhp) @ 2200-2500 rpm, which meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C3.4B engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Forestry, General Industrial, Irrigation Equipment, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Light Towers, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Specialty Ag Equipment, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping and Underground Mining Equipment.
Cat® C3.4B Diesel Engine - Specifications
2200 & 2500 rpm
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB Nonroad Emission Standards
In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
99 mm (3.9 in)
110 mm (4.3 in)
3.4 L (207.5 in³)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
6 L (6.3 qt)
829.5 mm (32.6 in)
610 mm (24 in)
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
251 kg (553.4 lb)
653 mm (25.7 in)
Wall-Flow: 180 mm (7.1 in). Through Flow: 149 mm (5.8 in)
Wall Flow: 541 mm (21.3 in). Through Flow: 509 mm (20 in)
Wall Flow: 20 kg (44 lb). Through Flow: 14 kg (30.8 lb)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- High Performance - Leading-edge technology provides significant improvements in power, torque, fuel consumption and response. Technology includes single smart wastegated turbo systems, durable high pressure common rail technology, and closed circuit breathing system.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.