Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Diesel Engine
OverviewCat® C4.4 ACERT Industrial Diesel Engines offer the perfect balance of durability, fuel efficiency and low emissions. Extensively tested on the job, these engines use a range of common rail fuel systems and advanced control systems to deliver maximum uptime in the harshest environment. They have proven they can handle the toughest applications and deliver superior performance that exceeds the expectations of the most demanding users. Industries and applications powered by C4.4 ACERT engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Feller Bunchers, Forestry, Forklifts, General Industrial, Harvesters, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Skidders, Specialty Ag Equipment, Sprayers, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping and Underground Mining Equipment.
Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Diesel Engine - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV
Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
105 mm (4.13 in)
127 mm (5.00 in)
4.4 L (268.5 in³)
Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA) or Series Turbocharged Aftercooled (TTA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
10.8 L (11.4 qt)
|Lube System - Refill||
5.2-13.5 L (5.5-14.27 qt)
848.2-867.6 mm (33.4-34.1 in)
845.1 mm (33.3 in)
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
400-420 kg (881.8-926 lb)
741.6-772.4 mm (29.1-30.4 in)
224.9-270.3 mm (9.6-10.6 in)
279-430 mm (11-16.9 in)
647-828 mm (25.5-32.6 in)
34-80 kg (75-17;6.4 lb)
365-695 mm (14.3-27.4 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- High Performance - Series turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Package Size - Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments. Multiple installation options minimize total package size.
- Low Cost Maintenance - Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Hydraulic tappets, multi-vee belts, "no ash service" aftertreatment, and 500-hour oil change intervals enable low-cost maintenance. Many service items have a choice of location on either side of the engine to enable choice of service access. The S·O·SSM program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
- Quality - Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Tier 4 Interim, Stage IIIB Aftertreatment Features -
Regeneration. Passive regeneration completely transparent to the operator.
Mounting. Extensive range of inlets and outlets, as well as remote off- and on-engine installations, provide flexibility for many installations.
Service. Service-free DPF for the emissions life of the engine.
- Tier 4 Final, Stage IV Aftertreatment Features -
Regeneration. The DOC/SCR modular design offers a simple, compact package while providing high levels of performance. A DOC/DPF/SCR option is available for higher power machines. While in use, both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems offer transparent operation to the user.
Mounting. Extensive range of inlets and outlets, as well as remote and on-engine installations, provide flexibility for many installations.
Service. Both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems are service-free for the emissions life of the engine.
Available in 12V or 24V systems