Cat® C4.4 Diesel Engine
OverviewThe Cat® C4.4 Industrial Diesel Engine is offered in ratings ranging from 61.5-106 bkW (74.5-100 bhp) @ 2200 rpm. These ratings meet EPA Tier 3 equivalent, EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards. Industries and applications powered by C4.4 engines include: Agriculture, Aerial Lifts, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Feller Bunchers, Forestry, Forklifts, General Industrial, Harvesters, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Skidders, Specialty Ag Equipment, Sprayers, Trenchers, Turf and Landscaping and Underground Mining Equipment.
Cat® C4.4 Diesel Engine - Specifications
China Nonroad III, U.S. EPA Tier 3 Equivalent, EU Stage IIIA Equivalent
Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
105 mm (4.13 in)
127 mm (5.0 in)
Turbocharged (T) or Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)
4.4 L (269 in³)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Lube System - Refill||
11 L (11.6 qt)
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
360 kg (793.7 lb)
631 mm (24.8 in)
823.5 mm (32.4 in)
626 mm (24.65 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Package Size - Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments. Multiple installation options minimize total package size.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program