Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Industrial Power Unit
OverviewThe Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Industrial Power Unit is offered in ratings ranging from 74.5-129.4 bkW (100-173.5 bhp) @ 2200 rpm, which meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV emission standards. Tier 4 Interim Equivalent and Stage IIIB Equivalent ratings are also available using Flex options. Conveniently pre-configured for a wide range of applications, the Cat® Industrial Power Unit is a complete power package containing a radiator, flywheel, alternator and alternator wiring completely pre-assembled for fast, straightforward installation in a number of OEM, customer and packager applications. These fuel efficient units are ready made for irrigation, industrial, mining and other pump applications.
Cat® C4.4 ACERT™ Industrial Power Unit - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IV
Inline 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
105 mm (4.1 in)
127 mm (5.0 in)
4.4 L (268.5 in³)
Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA) or Twin Turbocharged Aftercooled (TTA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Cooling System - Capacity||
9-9.4 L (8.2-8.5 qt)
|Lube System - Refill||
5.2-13.5 L (5.5-14.27 qt)
1126-1150 mm (44.3-45.3 in)
1433 mm (56.4 in)
|Weight - Approximate, Net Dry - Standard Configuration Without Oil, Cooling, Clutch, Compressor, A/C||
670-700 kg (1477-1543 lb)
795-820 mm (31.3-32.3 in)
244.9-270.3 mm (9.6-10.6 in)
279-430 mm (11-16.9 in)
34-80 kg (75-176.4 lb)
365-695 mm (14.3-27.4 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- High Performance - Series turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Package Size - Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments. Multiple installation options minimize total package size.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Tier 4 Final, Stage IV Aftertreatment Features -
Regeneration. The DOC/SCR modular design offers a simple, compact package while providing high levels of performance. A DOC/DPF/SCR option is available for higher power machines. While in use, both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems offer transparent operation to the user.
Mounting. Extensive range of inlets and outlets, as well as remote and on-engine installations, provide flexibility for many installations.
Service. Both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems are service-free for the emissions life of the engine.