Cat® C7.1 ACERT™ Diesel Engine
OverviewDemanding conditions, applications and environments make the Cat® C7.1 engines the perfect solution for your severe duty equipment. With decades of diesel engine innovation and expertise behind these engines, they deliver the low operating costs and legendary Cat reliability and durability that give you a powerful advantage. More importantly, they're backed by the world-class Cat dealer network ready to service and support every Cat industrial engine. Industries and applications powered by C7.1 engines include: Agriculture, Ag Tractors, Aircraft Ground Support, Bore/Drill Rigs, Chippers/Grinders, Combines/Harvesters, Compactors/Rollers, Compressors, Construction, Cranes, Crushers, Feller Bunchers, Forestry, Forklifts, General Industrial, Hydraulic Power Units, Irrigation Equipment, Loaders/Forwarders, Material Handling, Mining, Mobile Earthmoving Equipment, Mobile Sweepers, Paving Equipment, Pumps, Skidders, Specialty Ag Equipment, Sprayers, Trenchers and Underground Mining Equipment. Cat® C7.1 Industrial Diesel Engines, with ratings: 129-225 bkW (172-301.8 bhp) @ 2200 rpm, meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V emission standards. This information about Emissions describes the particular rating's emissions technology. For more information about emissions certification, please contact your local Cat dealer.
Cat® C7.1 ACERT™ Diesel Engine - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final Nonroad, EU Stage V Nonroad Emissions Standards
In-Line 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
Turbocharged-Aftercooled (TA) or Series Turbocharged Aftercooled (TTA)
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
65-107 kg (143.3-235.9 lb)
453-455 mm (17.8-18.1 in)
623-769 mm (24.5-30.3 in)
287-337.8 mm (11.3-13.3 in)
610-733 mm (24-28.9 in)
753-820.2 mm (29.6-32.3 in)
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||
715 kg (1576 lb)
1063.7 mm (41.9 in)
907 mm (35.7 in)
- Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power - World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
- High Performance - Series turbocharging with smart wastegate available on specific ratings for fast response, high power, and increased torque.
- Fuel Efficiency - Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
- Fuel & Oil - Tier 4 Final, or Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
- Broad Application Range - Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
- Package Size - Exceptional power density enables standardization across numerous applications. Multiple installation options minimize total package size. Ideal for equipment with narrow engine compartments.
- Low Cost Maintenance - Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Hydraulic tappets, multi-vee belts, minimum 5000-hour diesel particulate filter (DPF) ash service interval and 500-hour oil change intervals enable low-cost maintenance. Many service items have a choice of location on either side of the engine to enable choice of service access. The S·O·SSM program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
- Quality - Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
- World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network -
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Tier 4 Final, Stage V Aftertreatment Features -
Regeneration. The DOC/SCR modular design offers a simple, compact package while providing high levels of performance. A DOC/DPF/SCR option is available for higher power machines. While in use, both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems offer transparent operation to the user.
Mounting. Extensive range of inlets and outlets, as well as remote and on-engine installations, provide flexibility for many installations.
Service. Both DOC/SCR an DOC/DPF/SCR systems are service-free for the emissions life of the engine.
Available in 12V or 24V systems