C12 Propulsion Engine
OverviewCat® C12 Diesel Marine Propulsion Engines, with ratings of 340-490 bhp (254-366 bkW) at 1800-2300 rpm, meet IMO II emission standards with the exception of the 497 mhp (490 bhp) rating at 2300 rpm which meets IMO I emissions standards. The C12 takes full advantage of the electronically controlled unit injection fuel system, resulting in an environmentally friendly engine with outstanding performance and fuel economy. There is also a wide range of optional equipment available to meet the needs of your marine commercial or pleasure craft application.
C12 Propulsion Engine - Specifications
340-490 bhp (254-366 bkW)
IMO I, IMO II
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
In-line 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel
C12 Propulsion Engine - Standard Equipment
- Air Inlet System
- Low Profile Air Inlet Line, Shield (Air Inlet Line)
- Charging System
- Charging Alternators, Voltmeter Guages, Voltmeter Guage Mounting, Alternator Mounting Group
- Cooling System
- Sea Water Pump, Coolant Recovery Tank, Flange Kit
- Exhaust System
- Flexible Fitting, Elbow, Dry Elbow, Watercooled Elbow, Exhaust Connection, Exhaust Outlet Pipe, EXH Outlet Flange, Rain Cap, Muffler
- Fuel System
- Fuel Cooler, Fuel Connections, Primary Fuel Filter, Primary Fuel/Water Separator
- OEM Wiring Harness, Engine to Engine Harness, Digital Tachometer, Tachometer Mounting, Magnetic Pickup, RH 4 Hole Instrument Panel, LH 4 Hole Instrument, Marine Power Display System, Marine Power Display Unit (for additional monitoring stations), Marine Power Display Bracket, Wiring Group, Transmission Sensors
- Lube System
- Manual sump pump, Transmission oil cooler
- Mounting System
- Vibration Isolators
- Power Take-Offs
- Crankshaft Pulley, Front Stub Shaft, Front Stub Shaft & Pulley
- Starting System
- Air Pressure Regulator, Air Start Silencer, Start Switch, Jacket Water Heater, Battery sets (24 volt - dry)
- Wiring Harness Removal, Belt Guard - Alternator, Belt Guard - Alternator Pulley, Filter Cover Kit
- Overseas Preservation, Engine Protective Cover, Storage Preservation, Export Packing
- ADEM III Control System - More control inputs and outputs, capacity for additional features, additional monitoring capabilities, expansion capability for future enhancements
- Most Advanced Electronic Control System - Adjustment free control of engine speed, customer defined operating characteristics, protection and warning system, optional display systems available
- Future Enhancement Capability - The electronic control system has additional capacity for future enhancements to ensure a long useful engine life.
- Redesigned Exhaust Manifold - Provides a smoother passage for improved exhaust gas flow to the turbocharger which leads to more usable energy and lower exhaust temperatures.
- Easy Replacement for 3196 - The C12 has the same physical size, same footprint, and the same connection points as the 3196 engine as well the same optional attachments.
- Optional Monitoring System - Caterpillar offers several “plug and play” monitoring systems which display everything from the basic engine operating parameters to engine load factor and trip totals. Ask your local Caterpillar dealer for additional information on our Marine Power Display (MPD), Marine Analog Power Display (MAPD), and our Engine Vision Display (EVD).
- Product Support - Trained technicians at over 1800 authorized service locations worldwide support Caterpillar products. Use our Internet Dealer Locator www.cat.com to identify the Caterpillar dealer location nearest to you.
- Warranty - C-12 Marine Propulsion engines used in commercial applications are covered for 12 months from the date of delivery to the end user. Engines used in non-revenue producing pleasure craft applications are covered for 24 months, unlimited hours, from the date of delivery. Concurrently, specific engine components are covered for 60 months, unlimited hours, from the date of delivery to the end user.
- Extended Service Coverage (ESC) - Optional engine protection coverage for up to 60 months from date of delivery may be purchased through your local Caterpillar dealer.