C15 ACERT Tier 4 Interim / EU Stage IIIB
OverviewCat C15 ACERT engines are the ideal solution for your demanding operations in the oilfield. Decades of field operation and intense research and development allow Cat C15 ACERT engines to deliver excellent performance with low operating costs while meeting tight environmental requirements.This is an ideal engine for applications that require Tier 4 Interim or EU Stage IIIB emissions certifications in land mechanical drilling applications such as mud pump drives. Cat C15 ACERT™ Industrial Diesel Engine. Ratings: 354-433 bkW (475-580 bhp) @ 1800-2100 rpm meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim, EU Stage IIIB emission standards.
C15 ACERT Tier 4 Interim / EU Stage IIIB - Specifications
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim, EU Stage IIIB
|Governor and Protection||
|Engine Weight - Net Dry||
|Oil Change Interval||
250 - 500
|Rotation from Flywheel End||
|Flywheel and Flywheel Housing||
SAE No. 1
|Minimum Cooling System - Engine Only||
5 gal (US)
C15 ACERT Tier 4 Interim / EU Stage IIIB - Standard Equipment
- Engine-Mounted Transmission Oil Cooler
- integration with engine cooling system allows ease of installation and a tighter overall engine package
- Engine Brakes
- braking capabilities for mobile applications
- Emissions - - Designed to meet 2011 U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emissions requirements. - On-engine NOx reduction system with optimized piston, ring, liner, and fuel system configuration to reduce NOx while minimizing in-cylinder sooting- Aftertreatment features Clean Emissions Module, including: diesel oxidation catalyst, diesel particulate filter- Future Tier 4 Final technology solution designed to fit into current standard aftertreatment envelope, eliminating the need to redesign your installation
- Engine Design - - Proven reliability and durability of engine and aftertreatment- Broad operating speed range- High power density- PTO drive options provide flexible access to auxiliary power for pumps and other needs
- Low Total Cost of Ownership - - Optimized fuel consumption- Minimum 5000-hour diesel particulate filter ash service interval and 250- to 500-hour oil change intervals enable low maintenance costs
- Advanced Digital Engine Management - ADEM A4 control system providing integrated ignition, speed governing, protection, and controls, including detonationsensitive variable ignition timing. ADEM A4 has improved: user interface, display system, shutdown controls, and system diagnostics.
- Power Units - Engine available with factory packaged features including:- Aftertreatment- Base- Radiator- Transmission
- Custom Packaging - For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your exact needs with a factory custom package. Cat® engines, generators, enclosures, controls, radiators, transmissions, aftertreatment solutions — anything your project requires — can be custom designed and matched to create a one-of-a kind solution. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one-year warranty after startup.
- Fuel & Oil - Requires Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Designed to accommodate B20 biofuel.
- Optional Attachments - - Engine-Mounted Transmission Oil Cooler — integration with engine cooling system allows ease of installation and a tighter overall engine package- Engine Brakes — braking capabilities for mobile applications
- Transmissions - - Caterpillar has a full line of engine-transmission packages that can be fully integrated with your axle, hydraulics, and operator interface.- C15 ACERT™ Cat optimized transmission matches: TH35-E81, CX31-P600, CX35-P800
- Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network - - More than 2,200 dealer outlets- Cat factory-trained dealer technicians service every aspect of your petroleum engine- Cat parts and labor warrantyPreventive maintenance agreements available for repair-beforefailure optionsS•O•SSM program matches your oil and coolant samples against Caterpillar set standards to determine:- Internal engine component condition- Presence of unwanted fluids- Presence of combustion by-products- Site-specific oil change interval
- Over 80 Years of Engine Manufacturing Experience - Ownership of these manufacturing processes enables Caterpillar to produce high quality, dependable products.- Cast engine blocks, heads, cylinder liners, and flywheel housings- Machine critical components- Assemble complete engine
- Web Site - For all your petroleum power requirements, visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com